@WAS Web Applications Competition
The 11th @WAS International Conference on Information Integration and Web-based Applications & Services (iiWAS2009) is pleased to host the inaugural Web Applications Competition. iiWAS2009 will be held in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia from 14-16 December 2009.
The competition is to build a web application which is accessible publicly through a URL. The participants are freely to choose any web programs that they build for the competition. The application should be developed to facilitate e-applications such as e-learning, e-government, e-communities, e-Business etc.
- Each team must first register their teams by the registration deadline. The team consists of a leader, which is the main contact of the team, and a number of team members.
- Participating teams are required to submit via email to the Competition Chair the URLs of their programs for evaluation.
Entrants are also required to submit a technical paper style report (in Word or PDF format, minimum one page, maximum 3000 words) that includes:
a. Walkthrough of the program,
b. Explanation of any research techniques used in the program,
c. Technical aspects of the program, and
d. Discussions on the impact of the program.
Evaluation and Awards
- Only full submissions received by the submission deadline will be considered. Only one submission per team is allowed.
Entries will be ranked based on the following criteria:
- Functionalities to facilitate the integration and dissemination of information through the e-applications
- Usability through intuitive UI and clear guidelines
- Innovation by using forefront research and technologies in building the applications
- The top six teams will be selected by the committee to be presented at the conference. One registration fee for each selected team will be waived.
- These teams will present/demo their programs during the conference.
- The champion, first runner-up, and second runner-up will be announced during the conference.
Organizing CommitteeCompetition Chair:
Eric Pardede (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- August 3, 2009 : First registration of the teams
- September 3, 2009 : Report submission due date
- October 3, 2009 : Notification of the top six teams
- October 15, 2009 : Camera-Ready of reports and conference registration deadline
- December 14-16, 2009 : Conference