Frequently Asked Questions
- What is @WAS?
What is MoMM2007?
- @WAS is the international organization on Information Integration and Web-based Applications and Services
When and Where MoMM2007 will be held?
- MoMM2007 is the 5th @WAS international conference on Advances in Mobile Computing and Multimedia.
Where is the conference venue?
- MoMM2007 will take place in Jakarta, Indonesia from 3 to 5 December 2007
- The first day of the conference (3 December 2007) will take place at the campus of State Islamic University Syarif Hidayatullah Jakarta (UIN), Jl. Ir H Juanda No.95, Ciputat, Jakarta Selatan, Indonesia
- The second and third days of the conference will take place at Hotel Santika Premiere Jakarta, Jl. AIPDA KS Tubun No. 7, Slipi, Jakarta Pusat, Indonesia
- Can I still submit a paper?
- No, the submission deadline was over.
- What is the difference between a full paper/short paper/workshop paper/symposium paper?
- There is no difference. All are reviewed by the program committee and will appear in the conference proceedings. The only difference is a publishing constraint. Full papers should not exceed 10 pages, short papers 6 pages, while for posters and demo descriptions it is 2 pages.
- I received the acceptance notification. How can I prepare my camera ready paper?
- First, you need to take into account the comments you received from the program committee when preparing the final version of your paper, afterward, you need to format the paper according to the formatting guidelines and send the final version by email to (email@example.com). Please don't hesitate to contact this email if you have any difficulties formatting your paper.
- How should I name my file?
- MoMM2007_PaperID (Paper ID is the number you received when you submitted your paper or when you received the acceptance notification)
- What are the document formats do you support for the camera ready?
- To whom, should I send my camera ready paper?
- by email to firstname.lastname@example.org
- Can I submit my paper in Latex?
- Yes, you can but we prefer MS Word
- Who is the publisher of the conference proceedings? Does the proceeding have an ISBN?
- The conference proceedings will be published as a volume in the Austrian Computer Society book series books@ocg with ISBN.
- I heard that selected papers will be chosen for special issues in Journals? When the selection is done and when I get the notification?
- Yes, we have four special issues in leading journals for publishing selected papers. The selection will be done during the conference. Authors of the selected papers will be notified of the acceptance during the closing ceremony.
- Can I have my paper included in the conference proceedings without registering for the conference?
- No, we require that at least one author pays the registration fee for each paper to be included in the proceedings. Non-registration and failure to pay the fees will result in the paper not being included in the conference proceedings.
Registration & fees
- How much does the registration fees of the conference?
- What is included in the registration fee?
- 1 year @WAS membership, 3 days admittance to all iiWAS2007 & MoMM2007 and all related workshop sessions, lunches and coffee breaks during the conference, welcome reception, conference gala dinner, one copy of the conference proceedings and conference kit
- Do I need to register separately for the tutorials or workshop?
- No, attending tutorials and workshops is included in the registration fees
- How can I register for the conference?
- Do you support payment by credit card?
- Yes and only for pre-conference registration. This service doesn’t apply for onsite registration
- How should I pay the registration fees?
- By credit card and by cash onsite (for non-authors) If you prefer to pay by bank transfer, please write email to our general secretary (email@example.com)
- I have more than one paper accepted. Should I pay registration fees for each paper?
- No, you pay full registration fees for one paper. You pay extra fees for each additional paper as mentioned in the registration page.
- I have a difficulty getting financial support to register for the conference. What should I do?
- In case you have difficulty in getting financial support, kindly let us know in advance so that we can inform others whose papers are on the waiting list
- What is the cancellation and refund policy?
- We hope you will not need to cancel. In case of cancellation, the policy is : 1) up to three weeks before event, full registration fees (less charges), 2) up to one week before event, 70 % (less charges). Cancellation must be in written. Authors’ registration fees can NOT be refunded
- How can I obtain the registration form?
- When will I hear that my conference registration has been confirmed?
- As soon as we receive your payment
- Is there any student financial assistance available?
- I am an Indonesian studying abroad. Is there any special registration fee for me?
- Unfortunately no, as long as your affiliation is from outside Indonesia, you have to pay full registration fees.
- I heard there are special discounted fees for participants from EU-Asialink Program?
- Yes, there are special discounted fees apply to participants from universities, academic institutions in EU - Asialink Program: Afghanistan, Bangladesh, Bhutan, Cambodia, East Timor, India, Indonesia, Laos, Malaysia, Maldives, Mongolia, Nepal, North Korea, Pakistan, People’s Republic of China (excluding Hong Kong and Macau), Philippines, Sri Lanka, Thailand, Vietnam.
Please notice that this applies only to universities and academic institution in these countries not people from these countries. Please contact (firstname.lastname@example.org) for more information
- I submitted a paper and don't want to come to the conference. Is that possible?
- We hope you can come. If you have already paid your registration fees, then your paper will be included in the conference proceedings. Otherwise, it will be dropped out.
- Can I get a receipt of my registration fees?
- Yes, you receive the receipt at the conference site on the first day
- I paid the registration fees but can't attend the conference. Can I get the proceedings and a receipt of my payment?
- Yes, ONLY those who informed us that they are unable to attend the conference before December 1st will receive the proceedings and a receipt of payment after the conference. Those who inform us after or at the time of the conference need to buy the proceedings from the publisher.
Can I mail or Fax my registration? or register online?
- You can mail or fax your registration form. However, confirmation of registration is only provided upon the receipt of your payment
- What if I can't attend and someone else from our team will be replacing me?
Travel and Accommodation
- How do I get from the airport to the hotel?
- There are many options (bus, taxi etc.). The best is a taxi. You can order a taxi through the airport taxi counter. Fees depend on the distance of your destination. Just tell the counter staff name of your hotel or destination address. Additional flag fee is charged on taxies departing from airport. However, for the convenience of MoMM2007 participants, our official travel agent can arrange for your pick up at the airport. Please indicate in your accommodation request form that you need to use the pick up service indicating your arrival time, date, and airlines and whether there are any accompanying persons with you. Upon your arrival, you will find a person with a sign of your name waiting for you at the airport to guide you to the hotel.
- How do I get from the hotel to the conference venue?
- By taxi, most hotels will help their guests get a taxi. Just ask the reception/concierge desk to order a taxi for you. Tell the taxi driver that you want to go to Universitas Islam Negeri Syarif Hidayatullah (UIN) Jakarta, Jl. Ir H Juanda No. 95, Ciputat Jakarta Selatan., Campus Fakulty of Sains & Teknologi (FST)
- I will require accommodation. what options are available?
- Please refer to the accommodation page. If you want to use any of these hotels, please fill in the accommodation request form and fax it to the indicated fax. However, there are a lot of other options. You can request more information by sending an email to (email@example.com)
- I am thinking of bringing my spouse (family) with me. Can you help me with this?
- Of course, yes. Please indicate in your accommodation request form that you are coming with accompanying person. Hotel rates are per room for two persons. However, you need to indicate if you need additional beds (for kids) for which you need to pay.
- Do I need to rent a car?
- It is up to your need. Our travel agent can help you to arrange it, please send your request by email to firstname.lastname@example.org. However there are many taxi flags available in the city of Jakarta. The Taxi rates (Argo meter) are estimated at Rp 4.000 for the starting km plus Rp. 1300/km.
Recommended Taxi Flag : Blue Bird Taxi, Silver Bird Taxi, Express Taxi and Gamya Taxi.
- Where can I get information about public transportation in Yogyakarta?
Tours and Social Program
- I want to spend few more days in Indonesia. What are the available options?
- Indonesia is an exciting tourist destination with many interesting places to visit and many different cultures to experience. To explore Indonesia's diversified and unique heritage, optional pre and post conference tour packages have been selected carefully to make your stay most interesting and enjoyable. Please refer to the tours page for more information
- How should I register for the tours?
- Just send email to our official travel agent (email@example.com) indicating the tour you want to use, suggested dates, and how many persons.
- Is there any special event during the conference?
- Yes, conference welcome reception on the first day and the conference gala dinner with a special program to be announced later on the second day of the conference.
- I want to bring my spouse (family) to the special event. What should I do?
- You need to buy extra tickets. Please indicate that you need more tickets for the conference dinner in your registration form.
- Who is delivering the keynote address?
- How many conference sessions will be there?
- This year we have 14 sessions for iiWAS2007, 7 sessions for MoMM2007 and 14 sessions for the workshops, master and doctoral colloquium, and the symposium.
- When does the conference start and end every day?
- How I know about the conference program?
- Either through the web site or through the program book you are going to receive within the conference kit.
- If my college, company or organization would like to send a flyer to all conference attendees, what should I do?
- Just drop it at the registration desk.
- Will be there any Internet connection so I can check my email?
- How much time is allocated for my presentation?
- 30 minutes. The presentations will be 20-25 minutes so that some time may be reserved for questions and answers.
- What kind of equipments are available for my presentation?
- There will be a PC with Microsoft PowerPoint, Internet connection, video projector and overhead projector. Let us know in advance if you will need any special configuration for the presentation.
- I need a visa to come to Indonesia. How can I get it?
- Please refer to the visa page or send email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Is there any specific dress code?
- Please wear whatever you feel comfortable. There is no specific dress code.
- What is the exchange rate for Indonesian Rupiah?
- Indonesian Rupiah is fluctuating. However, refer to here for the latest conversion rates.
- I heard Indonesia is not safe. Is that true?
- Indonesia in general may appear to the western eye watching through the western media as a wild country. Yet the Indonesian people are particularly peaceful, and the political and social situation in Indonesia has remained amazingly stable in view of the challenges met by the country and its people. Terror, by nature, may strike anywhere at any time. We believe that Jakarta is safe, and we feel that the best response to terrorism is to show our determination to continue working together as scientists of all origins, beliefs, and denominations.
MoMM2007 carries no political message or symbol. It is organized in collaboration with and by consensus of local organizations and people.
- Where can I find more information about Indonesia?