Frequently Asked Questions
- What is @WAS?
@WAS is the international organization on Information Integration and Web-based Applications and Services
- What is MoMM2017?
MoMM2017 is the 15th International Conference on Advances in Mobile Computing and Multimedia
- When and where MoMM2017 will be held?
MoMM2017 will take place in in Salzburg, Austria, on 4 to 6 December 2017.
- Where is the conference venue?
The conference will take place at Wyndham Grand Salzburg Conference Centre Hotel. Please see the venue page for more details.
- What is the difference between a full paper/short paper?
There is no difference. All are reviewed by the program committee and will appear in the conference proceedings. The only difference is a publishing constraint. Full papers should not exceed 10 pages and short should not exceed 4 pages.
- I received the acceptance notification. How can I prepare my camera ready paper?
First, you need to take into account the comments you received from the program committee when preparing the final version of your paper, afterward, you need to format the paper and submit it through the camera ready submission page. Please don't hesitate to contact (cameraready (at) iiwas.org) if you have any difficulties formatting or submitting your paper.
- How should I name my file?
momm_PaperID_FirstAuthorName (Paper ID is the number you received when you submitted your paper or when you received the acceptance notification).
- What are the document formats do you support for the camera ready?
MS Word or PDF.
- To whom, should I send my camera ready paper?
Please refer to camera ready submission page.
- Can I submit my paper in Latex?
Yes, you can but we prefer MS Word or PDF.
- Who is the publisher of the conference proceedings? Does the proceeding have an ISBN?
All accepted MoMM2017 papers will be published by ACM International Conference Proceedings Series (ISBN: 978-1-4503-5300-7)
iiWAS@ACM DL and iiWAS@DBLP
- I heard that selected papers would be chosen for special issues in Journals? When the selection is done and when I get the notification?
Yes, we have three special issues in leading journals for publishing selected papers. The selection will be done during the conference. Authors of the selected papers will be notified of the acceptance during the closing ceremony.
- Can I have my paper included in the conference proceedings without registering for the conference?
No, we require that at least one author pays the registration fee for each paper to be included in the proceedings. Non-registration and failure to pay the fees will result in the paper not being included in the conference proceedings.
Registration & Fees
- How much are the registration fees of the conference?
Please refer to the registration page.
- What is included in the registration fee?
1 year @WAS membership, 3 days admittance to all MoMM2017 and related sessions, lunches and coffee breaks during the conference, welcome reception, conference gala dinner, one copy of the conference proceedings and conference kit.
- Do I need to register separately for iiWAS 2017?
No, attending co-locate conferences is included in the registration fees.
- How can I register for the conference?
Please refer to the registration page.
- Do you support payment by credit card?
Yes and only for pre-conference registration. This service does not apply for onsite registration.
- I have more than one paper accepted. Should I pay registration fees for each paper?
No, you pay full registration fees for one paper. You pay extra fees for each additional paper as mentioned in the registration page.
- I have a difficulty getting financial support to register for the conference. What should I do?
In case you have difficulty in getting financial support, kindly let us know in advance so that we can inform others whose papers are on the waiting list.
- What is the cancellation and refund policy?
We hope you will not need to cancel. Author's registration fees CANNOT be refunded. In case of cancellation, the policy is:
- up to 3 weeks before the event full registration fees minus charges
- up to one week before the event, 70% of the registration fees.
- Cancellation must be in written and to be sent to Registration Desk at E-Mail registration (at) iiwas.org
- Refunds will only be made after the Conference.
- Paid registration fee is not refundable after the stipulated dates for whatever reasons, including failure of obtaining visa.
- How can I obtain the registration form?
Please refer to the registration page.
- When will I hear that my conference registration has been confirmed?
As soon as we receive your payment.
- Is there any student financial assistance available?
- I submitted a paper and don't want to come to the conference. Is that possible?
We hope you can come. If you have already paid your registration fees, then your paper will be included in the conference proceedings. Otherwise, it will be dropped out.
- Can I get a printed receipt of my registration fees?
Yes, you can obtain the printed receipt at the conference registration desk on site.
- I paid the registration fees but can't attend the conference. Can I get the proceedings and a receipt of my payment?
Yes, ONLY those who informed us that they are unable to attend the conference before 25 November 2017 will be sent the proceedings and a receipt of payment after the conference. Those who inform us after or at the time of the conference need to buy the proceedings from the publisher.
- Can I email or Fax my registration? or register online?
You can email or fax your registration form. (Fax.: +43 732 2468 4675 and email: registration (at) iiwas.org) However, confirmation of registration is only provided upon the receipt of your payment. Online Registration is available at registration page until 25 November 2017.
- What if I can't attend and someone else from our team will be replacing me?
No problem but this person has to register for the conference.
- How much time is allocated for my presentation?
The presentations will be 20-25 minutes plus 5-10 minutes time reserved for questions and answers.
- What kinds of equipments are available for my presentation?
There will be a PC with Microsoft PowerPoint, Internet connection, video projector and overhead projector. Let us know in advance if you will need any special configuration for the presentation.
- I need a visa to come to Austria. How can I get it?
Please refer to the visa page or send an email to the General Secretary. Request of Visa Letter will be granted to those who already registered & paid the registration fee.
- Where can I find information regarding Visa to Austria?
You may visit Austrian's Government official website. To find the Austrian embassy/representative at your country please click here.
- Is there any specific dress code?
Please wear whatever you feel comfortable. There is no specific dress code. For your reference Austria weather during December is around 9°C to 13°C.
- What is the currency and exchange rate used in Austria?
Austria's currency EURO.
- Where can I find more information about Austria?
There are many website give good overviews of the places to go and to see in Austria. For more information about Austria and Salzburg please click here.
- I want to bring my family to the special event. What should I do?
You need to buy extra tickets. Please indicate that you need more tickets for the conference dinner in your registration.
- If my college, company or organization would like to send a flyer to all conference attendees, what should I do?
Just drop it at the registration desk.
- Will be there any Internet connection so I can check my email?
Yes, there is WiFi in conference venue.