@WAS Masters and Doctoral Colloquium (MDC)
iiWAS2009 and MoMM2009 invite PhD and masters students to present, discuss, and defend their substantial and mature work,
work-in-progress, or preliminary results in front of an international and renowned audience of researchers.
MDC aims at offering valuable feedback to the students according to their stage of research and will, therefore,
foster extensive discussions following the students' presentations.
The colloquium will be organized in parallel to iiWAS2009 and MoMM2009 conferences, which are going to take place in Kuala Lumpur, Malaysia, December 14-16, 2009. The scope of MDC submissions should be related to the topics of interest shaped by iiWAS2009 and MoMM2009.
Paper Submissions and Review Process
Paper submissions are solicited up to 5 pages length in PDF format. Each contribution should contain a problem statement, an overview of related work in the area, a presentation of the contribution to the research domain addressed by iiWAS2009 and MoMM2009, a description of the methodological approach, and results achieved so far. All papers will be peer reviewed by three members of the international TPC and judged according to relevance, clarity and correctness, and novelty and originality.
August 3, 2009: MDC Papers Submission
August 28, 2009: MDC Papers Submission (extended) September 30, 2009: Acceptance Notification(sent)
- October 21, 2009: Camera-Ready Papers
Accepted MDC papers will be published by ACM and the Austrian Computer Society (OCG) firstname.lastname@example.org series. Authors of outstanding papers will be invited to submit an extended paper to distinguished journals (see the information given by iiWAS2009 and MoMM2009 conferences).
Papers should be formatted according to the ACM guidelines. Authors using Latex need to choose the LateX2e – Tighter Alternate style.
Authors are requested to submit their full papers electronically in PDF format by using a conference management system. (Link)
TPC Members (preliminary list)
- Walter Binder, University of Lugano, Switzerland
- Ivona Brandic, Vienna University of Technology, Austria
- Stephan Bressan, Naional University of Singapore, Singapore
- Sara Comai, Politecnico di Milano, Italy
- Abdelkader Hameurlain, Paul Sabatier University Toulouse, France
- Helmut Hlavacs, University of Vienna, Austria
- Hui-Huang Hsu, Tamkang University, Taiwan
- Hamidah Ibrahim, University Putra Malaysia, Malaysia
- In-Young Ko, Korea Advanced Institute of Science and Technology, Korea
- Antonio Liotta, Eindhoven University of Technology, The Netherlands
- Artur Lugmayr, EMMi Lab, Finland
- N.L. Sarda, IIT Bombay, India
- Agustinus Borgy Waluyo, Institute for Infocom Research, Singapore
- Wolfram Woess, Johannes Kepler University Linz, Austria
For further information, please contact
Dr. Karin Anna Hummel
@WAS MDC Chair
Department of Distributed and Multimedia Systems
University of Vienna
1080 Wien, Austria
Tel: +43 1 4277 39664
Fax: +43 1 4277 39651